Acupuncture is a therapeutic tool in Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). The therapy involves insertion of very fine filiform needles on the acupuncture or energy points located on the meridians which run as energy pathways all over the human body to restore health. It requires a thorough knowledge of the human anatomy and physiology, the underlying pathology and an understanding of TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) philosophy to effectively manage ailments. When these needles are inserted, they elicit the corresponding natural healing response from the body and allows the body and mind to heal from within.
Acupuncture works on traditional theories of ‘YIN & YANG’, the ‘FIVE ELEMENTS THEORY’ and the principle of ‘QI’.
Yin & Yang represent the two opposing, but co-existing forces of nature namely water & fire, cold & heat, wetness & dryness, inhibition & excitement, conservation & transformation. Yin & Yang also represent the way humans attain the homeostasis of their being.
The "Five elements", according to Traditional Chinese medicine are Water, Fire, Wood, Metal and Earth. The interplay of these elements represents the different processes of nature which is required to maintain a state of balance in nature. As we are part and parcel of nature, we, our anatomy and physiology are the off-shoot of these natural processes. When these processes are in balance there is "health". An imbalance causes "dis-ease". Acupuncture helps to bring in a state of balance of these forces by the judicial application of acupuncture needles at various acupuncture points.
"QI" is the energy or prana, as we term it and is responsible for every activity of the body and the mind. Qi when in balance indicates health and when not in balance either due to deficiency, excess or stagnation indicates disease.
In modern scientific concepts acupuncture is effective through the release of neuro-transmitters called endorphins, OPIODS and other biochemicals. These Neurotransmitters bring about analgesia and a sense of wellness.
Acupuncture is found to be very effective in
- Pain Management
- Osteoarthritis of the joints
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Tennis Elbow
- Frozen Shoulder
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Cervical and Lumbar Spondylosis
- Migraine Headaches
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Early Parkinson’s
- Stroke and Paresis
- Bell’s Palsy
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- Post Herpetic Neuralgia
- Gastritis and Acidity
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Bronchial asthma
- Nasal Polyps
- Sleep Apnoea
- Rhinitis and Sinusitis
Paediatric and Developmental disorders
- Down Syndrome Management
- Epilepsy Management
- Developmental delays- Supportive Tx
- Cerebral Palsy
Inflammatory and auto-immune
- Inflammatory Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Acne Vulgaris
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
Reproductive and Endocrinal systems
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Male and Female Infertility
- Diabetes Mellitus and its complication
- Tension headaches
- Anxiety disorders
- Psychosis supportive care
- Stress Management
What to expect of an Acupuncture session at Anandamaya Wellness Center?
- Each acupuncture session is designed emphasizing on the ancient principles & philosophy of Traditional Chinese Medicine and also adopting the latest concepts of Acupuncture based on modern research, development and experience.
- It is mandatory to undergo a Wellness Consultation before the start of the acupuncture session.
- The acupuncture needles used at Anandamaya are disposable, of high precision & premium quality which are imported either from USA, Singapore, Australia or Japan.
- The acupuncture needles which are imported from Japan( Seirin Brand - top most brand in Acupuncture needles ) are painless and of highest quality in the world, even though it is expensive. As far as we know, Anandamaya Wellness is the only center using Seirin Brand needles in India as of now.
- Every care is taken to see that the client goes through the session with least pain and discomfort.
- Unlike other acupuncture therapy centers, we at Anandamaya Wellness shall provide complete privacy and exclusivity in every session of Acupuncture therapy.
Acupuncture addresses all the basic three koshas namely Annamaya, Pranayama and Manomaya kosha directly and an impact on the Vijnanamaya and Anandamaya Kosha indirectly.