What to expect of an Acupuncture session at Anandamaya -
- Each acupuncture session is designed emphasizing on the ancient principles & philosophy of Traditional Chinese Medicine and also adopting the latest concepts of Acupuncture based on modern research, development and experience.
- It is mandatory to undergo a Wellness Consultation before the start of the acupuncture session.
- The acupuncture needles used at Anandamaya are disposable, of high precision & premium quality which are imported either from USA, Singapore,Australia or Japan.
- The needles are imported from Japan (Seirin Brand - top most brand in Acupuncture needles) which are painless and of highest quality in the world, even though it is expensive. Anandamaya is the only center using these kind of needles in India as of now.
- Every care is taken to see that the client goes through the session with least pain and discomfort.
Acupuncture is a tool in traditional Chinese medicine. Very fine needles are used on the acupuncture, or energy points located on the meredians all over the body.
It requires a thorough knowledge of the human anatomy and physiology, the underlying pathology and an understanding of Chinese traditional philosophy, to effectively manage ailments.
Acupuncture works on traditional theories of ‘YIN & YANG’, the ‘FIVE ELEMENTS THEORY’ and the principle of ‘QI’.
Yin & Yang represent the two opposing, but co-existing, forces of nature namely water & fire, cold & heat, wetness & dryness, inhibition & excitement, conservation & transformation. Yin & Yang also represent the way humans attain the homeostasis of their being.
The "Five elements", according to traditional Chinese medicine, are Water, Fire, Wood, Metal and Earth. The interplay of these elements represents the different processes of nature which is required to maintain a state of balance in nature. As we are part and parcel of nature, we and our anatomy and physiology are the off-shoot of these natural processes. When these processes are in balance, there is "health". An imbalance causes "dis-ease". Acupuncture helps to bring in a state of balance of these forces by the judicial application of acupuncture needles at various acupuncture points.
"QI" is the energy or prana, as we term it which when in balance indicates health and when not in balance indicates disease.
In modern scientific concepts, acupuncture is effective through the release of neuro-transmitters called endorphins. Endorphins bring about analgesia and a sense of wellness.
Acupuncture is found to be very effective in
Male & Female Infertility
Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Low back ache
Cervical spondylosis & spondylitis
Lumbar Spondylosis & Spondylitis
RSI (Recurrent Stress Injury)
Post Herpetic Neuralgia